The Longest Night Ever -Rough Draft
This might be one of the last times I tell this story, but I want to write a comedy screen play about it. I want to call it "The Longest Night Ever".
It was the summer that I had just turned 21! I had moved out a year prior. That first year a way from home was an experience. All I did was work, usually 2 jobs at a time to make ends meet and I still had to get payday loans to survive. So that entire year I didn't go to many places except work and the mall.
On the 3rd of July my roommate John had a coworker named Phil that worked with him at Walmart on the overnight crew. Phil asked us did we want to go out to the night club on the 4th of July! My roommate and I both had never been to a night club before so we both said yes. The plan was meet up at our place after work that night and go downtown to go clubbing.
The 4th of July came and I had a wild day at my job working in retail which by that time I despised. So I came home took a shower immediately like I always did. That retail store made me feel dirty. I planned on taking a nap after the shower for about an hour. I laid down, then I heard someone banging on the front door of our apartment. My room was upfront so I could look out my bedroom and see who was at the front door. I look outside and it was this skinny black man in his early twenties with a ripped up white tee shirt and dirty pant. He had this big white man with him that looked like a wrestler his clothes were ripped and dirty also. They is around 4pm. The skinny black man was yelling a name I had never heard before, "Ja-nearl, Ja-nearl!" I was thinking " who is Ja-nearl, and why are there two beat up looking people beating on our door?". I get up and go to the door and yell " who is it!". The skinny black man says " Get Ja-nearl!". I was completely lost, so I went and knocked on my roommates Johns bedroom door to asked him if he knew Ja-nearl. He went to the front door looked through the peephole and immediately open the door and let them in. I always knew my roommate by John every since I was 11, that night I found out his first name was John- Earl. The guy was just saying in funny " Ja-nearl".
Both the beat up guys come into the apartment. That's when I noticed they were a little bloody also. The skinny black man was friends with John since they were 5 or 6 years old. The skinny black man proceeded to tell us this long story. He says for some reason they were at an all Hispanic cookout about a mile away from our apartment in this sketchy apartment complex that was set up were it was one way in and one way out. He said it was him and his brother and the big white guy. One of the Hispanic men thought one of them was flirting with his girlfriend and got upset. He said they started fighting but they got out numered and got chased out of the area with baseball bats and Machete's! You know what my first question to him was " you said 3 of you all got chased, where is the 3rd person, your brother?!". He says " He got left behind".... " Left behind?!?, what!" That's crazy. How could he just leave his brother behind and then take time to tell us this long story. I asked him" shouldn't you be out looking for your brother?", " Why didn't you call the police?" " Of all places why did you come over here?"... I had questions. My roommate finally drove them around to see if they could find the missing brother. They found him in a field all beat up with no shoes on. They beat him out his shoes, because they were on the other side of the field. They must have been into something illegal, because they didn't want to go to the hospital or the police. My roommate came back around 5:30pm, he had his girlfriend with him this time. All they did was argue about if either of them were cheating or not. It was too late to take a nap now so I went out to the front room where John usually was playing video games. John was sitting on the couch playing NBA2k. While he was playing his girlfriend was screaming and yelling because she found out that we were going to the club later. She started out by going into the kitchen and starts to yell that she is going to cut her hair off with tiny swiss army knife. John didn't care at all. So then she goes in the bathroom and put a belt over the very this aluminum shower curtain rod and said she was going to hang herself. Problem was she was a very big lady and no way a thin piece of aluminum could hold her weight for more than a millisecond. She immediately fell into the bathtub with a loud crash. The door to the bathroom was wide open so I could see everything. John still wasn't paying attention at all, I was paying attention because she was going crazy. Next she goes out on are balcony and says she is going to jump. We were on the second floor, but we were also on a hill, so it wasn't that far to reach the ground. She jumped! That actually made John and myself get up. We looked down and she was laying on her back like a dieing bug kicking her legs and swinging her arms crying . She wasn't injured in anyway shape or form. She finally got up and walked to her car and left. That wasn't the last time we would see her that night. Now it was 6:30pm.
John called Phil to see what time we were going to the club. Phil asked us did we know any women who we could invite to go to the club with us. John was in a crazy relationship and Phil was just a clown so neither of them knew any women, so it was on me. I invited 2 of my female friends. John invited 2 of his nerdy video game Friends, one of them actually was joining the military and had to leave for basic training the very next morning.
Now it's 7:30 pm. John went and picked up his one of his nerdy video game Friends named Archie and the friend that was joining the military came over also. We were in johns room playing video games. That's when his crazy girlfriend came back to the apartment. She came in cursing and yelling again. This time John was embarrassed because his video game Friends were there. So he went in the kitchen to talk privately. I wanted to be noisy so I went in the kitchen to be nosey. Johns girlfriend was in there repeatedly slapping him in the face as she yelled at him. John was just standing there like a statue. When he saw me watching he started to walk away. As he walked away towards his bedroom, his crazy girlfriend threw his giant set of keys at him and they hit him directly in the back of the head. His girlfriend has been screaming and acting crazy all day long but for some reason this set him off. He turned around really fast and started running towards her, but she was only a few steps away from the front door.ivr never seen a big person move so fast , she ran out the front door and down the stairs, jumped in her car and left again. After that we made fun of John for about and hour.
Now it was 8:30 pm. That's when some of our mutual friends decided to pop in. I remember this was the first time I had seen a gun outside of a store. The guy that was joining the military had his gun with him for some odd reason. I remember that he unloaded it and showed it to us. I remember that someone threw a bullet at John. I thought that was so funny for some reason, they said if someone throws a bullet at someone it was a sign of disrespect. Around 9:30pm John calls will to ask him where he was and he was at work. He worked at a grocery store at the self checkout. At work? How could he be at work if we were about to go to the club? He said he got off at 10pm and if we could pick him up from work. We get to Phil's job a little before 10pm to pick him up, because the store he worked at was about 5 minutes away. We get there and we sain in the car and made funny jokes about Phil. For one he looked like Cartoon character, he looked like Sonic the Hedgehog and Bart Simpson combined. He was also short and stalky, like a little football player. He also had this random black tooth, we joked that his one black tooth sacrificed its life so the rest of his teeth could live. Sitting there joking about Phil is probably the hardest I have ever laughed in my entire life. Phil finally came outside to leave work, but he had a bike! John told him that he didn't have any room for a bike in his car. So we had to follow Phil as he rode home on his bike through this dangerous neighborhood. He got chased by some dogs and some teenagers. We laughed about that too. We finally get to Phil's house. No surprise that Phil lived at home with his parents. His dad was a retired police detective from New York and I don't know what his mom did. He invited us inside. We noticed that there was elephant statues, photos, toys and more on the outside of the house and on the inside. I mean everywhere had elephant merchandise. His Mom was laying on the couch, she was a heavyset lady with oddly bright orange little dreadlocks. They were the color of carrots. From that day on we called his mom the " Elephant Lady". Phil was a strange guy. He had a car that his uncle from Philadelphia gave him for free. He had to go get the car from Philadelphia which was like a 10 hour drive one way. The car had a bunch of mechanical issues. The question we had was if you have a car why did you ride a bike to work? Just a odd guy. We left Phil's house around 11:30 pm to go back to my house to meet up with the video game my nerds and my 2 female friends. Even though Phil's car wasn't the best we decided to take his car to the club because it was the biggest. Myself, Phil,John and my 2 female friends rode together, the video game nerds rode together. We finally get downtown a little after midnight and it's packed. Bars and nightclubs everywhere. People dancing in the streets. John and I had never been in an atmosphere like this, we were having fun! We get in line at a club we wanted to try and the line is long! Also I remember there was a radio station van parked outside the club doing a live broadcast. The radio station personality was wild, he was yelling disrespectful stuff all the ladies in line, he told my 2 female friends to take their shirts off! Crazy. We get to the front door of the club and security was really upright. They let my female friends and the two video game nerds in immediately. But myself,John and Phil, he told us we had to be wearing collared shirts and they had to be tucked in. So we couldn't get in after the people we were in got in. Now we're separated. We decided to go all the way back to my house and get some collard shirts. As we were walking away for some reason I yelled back at security and asked them did they want us to pick them up anything like a " pickled pig foot"?". That made them really angry for some reason. Which made it really funny. We go to my house find someshirts and get back downtown. As we are walking back to the club we see John's girlfriend with the hood of her car up in a random parking lot with two men we didn't know. What's the chances she appears out of know where downtown exactly where we were? Stalker! She was hunting up and trying to make John jealous at the same time. John and the to men she was with got into an argument as we walked by.
We finally get back to the club it's about 1:00 am now. Security let us in, but they still seemed salty about my little "pickled pig foot" comment earlier.
We get in the club and it's loud, Smokey and packed wall to wall. So many wild things going on, there were couples actually having sex on the wall, people were freely smoking cigarettes and weed, people were dancing. John and I had never been anywhere like this so we were in aw and curious. I finally caught up with my 2 female friends and they immediately took me out on the dance floor. I mean they were aggressive, one of them put her hand down my pants and one point while we were dancing. What a night.
We found a table to sit down for awhile to take everything in. The things we got to see...The bouncers we really aggressive and violent. I saw the pick a few different guys up by the throat and slam them on the floor. That was like their special move that all of them knew. As we are sitting there we noticed that Phil wasn't with us. When we found Phil he was surrounded by a large crowd, him and this female were dancing for the crowd, everyone seemed really impressed except for the group of men that the girl Phil was dancing with came with. They were mad. They interrupted the dancing and approached Phil to beat him up. But Phil to the bar and picked up to empty glass beer bottles, flipped them upside down and got in a fighting stance! When he saw about ten guys approaching, he quickly back out of the club. We got outside in time to see Phil running through a parking lot with 10 guys in hot pursuit of him. We were just standing there in shock. What could we do? Chase after them,the 2 of us? Call the cops? Pray? We went back in the club! About 10 minutes later Phil pops up at our table sweaty and out of breath. I still don't know how he got away.
By this time it's about 2:30 am and the club is about to close at 3:30 am. John and I decided for the next hour we were going to dance with every female in the place. We tried and even danced with this cute lady that worked for the club, she was selling roses in the crowd. We were having so much fun until we weren't. We are on the dance floor having the time of our lives when we noticed Johns crazy girlfriend is also out on the dance floor. She looked so silly. She was dancing with one of the guys that we saw her in the parkinglot with. She was sweating and breathing heavy and she wasn't really dancing she was just moving her hands really fast. She was a big girl! And a stalker. She found the club we were at and found us on the dance floor. That started another argument with John and the guy she was with. Phil tried to intervene, but they called him a "clown" , which made him very angry. What I interrupted the argument was another argument with security and this little skinny white guy. Security picked him up by the throat and slammed him on the floor! He was out cold, they threw a bucket of water on him to revive him and then escorted him out. It was 3:30 am time for everyone to leave. When we get outside the same skinny white guy was arguing with security. Security picked him up by the throat and was just about to slam him on the hard concrete but the police walked up and saved him. Now we're walking back to our car and we happened to be walking right next to the same skinny white guy that security had just roughed up. He was soaking wet and acting strange. He went to to Phil and put his arm around his neck and asked him what was he looking at? And he kept asking. For some reason Phil seemed scared. I finally stepped in and said " He looking at you! You just got beat up in the club don't get beat up after the club too!". That made the skinny white guy go insane. He started yelling and getting animated. Saying how he would hurt me and people were holding him back. He never got close to me just a big show. We get on the other side of this gigantic street and Phil decided to be a tough guy he started to yell " BX, BX, Brooklyn, I ain't from round here" he was making a big X with his arms as he said this. We get to our cars and Phil asked the video game nerd with the gun could he hold his gun to show it to the crowd? Phil was not only strange but an idiot also. The nerd said no of course. We get in the car and as we were leaving downtown and we see the skinny white guy. Phil rolls down the window and drives by and throws a big giant clothing catalog at him! Direct hit the knee. We did a drive by " booking".
We go my 2 female friends apartment, which happened to be a block away from our house. Phil parked his car at our place and we rode with John. Phil had to pack his car because the car alarm kept going off, even while he was driving! I didn't know that was possible!. We get to the female's house and we find out they wanted to continue the party. John got scared and left to go find his Phyco girlfriend and the two nerds left because they had nerd stuff to do. That left myself and Phil to continue the party with the ladies. Around 6:00 am or 7:00 am we fell asleep. About 9:00 am John called us and asked us did we want to ride with him to get breakfast from McDonald's up the street. We get in the McDonald's drive thru and we here a loud crashing noise and the entire car drops to the ground like the tires fell off. Right at the drive thru window! The axle had broken in the front of John's car. It was like we were right on the ground. Phil and I laughed so hard. We got out of the car and sat on some near by benches. The employees were mad, they kept saying " move your car!". John was so mad because how can he move a car with the 2 front tires popped off. John called a tow truck and we walked back with out breakfast.John was depressed and went in the house to play video games, Phil and took his car and went back to the female's house. We get there and Phils car alarm starts to go off again. It's early morning on a Sunday in a quiet neighborhood and his car alarm is blaring. We get out of the car and run iside so people would not know it was his car. We go in and eat breakfast, but when we go outside Phil's car is gone! Someone got it towed within the time we were inside eating breakfast.
Phil looked at me an Said " I just want to go home, will this night ever end?!".
Donate to me at https://cash.app/$responsible00
Comments
Post a Comment